As someone who has spent countless hours scouring Pinterest for decor inspiration, I know firsthand the impact that a well-decorated dresser can have on a room. Whether you’re looking to spruce up your bedroom, add a touch of style to your living space, or simply make the most of limited storage, a beautifully decorated dresser can be the perfect solution.
In this post, I’ll be sharing some tips and ideas based on my own personal experience for how to decorate dresser in a way that truly transforms the space. From choosing a theme to adding functional decor, incorporating personal touches, and playing with height and texture, I’ll be covering everything you need to know to create a stunning dresser display that perfectly complements your home’s aesthetic. So whether you’re a seasoned decorator or just starting out, let’s dive in and get inspired!
How to decorate dresser top?
Evaluate the space
- Assess the dresser’s location in the room and the overall aesthetic of the space
- Consider the dresser’s color, style, and size in relation to the rest of the room’s decor
When it comes to decorating a dresser, it’s important to start by evaluating the space it occupies. First, consider where to put a dresser in a bedroom, as the location can have a significant impact on the overall aesthetic of the room. You’ll want to choose a spot that allows the dresser to be functional while also fitting seamlessly into the space.
Next, take a look at the dresser itself and consider its color, style, and size in relation to the rest of the room’s decor. It’s essential to choose a dresser that complements the room’s overall design scheme and doesn’t clash with other furniture or decor. When considering size, it’s helpful to know what is the standard size of a dresser, so you can choose one that fits comfortably in the space without overwhelming it.
By taking the time to assess the space and the dresser itself, you’ll be better equipped to select decor items and create a display that truly transforms the room.
Choose a theme
- Brainstorm different themes that can guide the dresser’s decoration, such as boho, minimalist, or vintage
- Discuss how choosing a theme can make it easier to select decor items that work together cohesively
Once you have evaluated the space and have a sense of the dresser’s style, it’s time to choose a theme that will guide its decoration. Brainstorming different themes, such as boho, minimalist, or vintage, can help you establish a cohesive vision for the dresser’s decor.
When choosing a theme, consider the existing decor in the room and what will work best to complement it. For example, if the room already has a bohemian vibe, incorporating boho elements into the dresser’s decor can help tie everything together.
Choosing a theme can also make it easier to select decor items that work together cohesively. By having a clear vision for the dresser’s decoration, you can choose items that fit within the theme and create a harmonious display. This can be especially helpful if you’re feeling overwhelmed by the vast array of decor options available.
Whether you’re drawn to a specific style or want to create a more eclectic look, choosing a theme can be a helpful starting point for decorating your dresser. It will give you a sense of direction and make it easier to create a cohesive, visually appealing display.
Add functional decor
- Discuss ways to add functional decor to the dresser, such as using trays or baskets to corral items like jewelry or small accessories
- Offer tips for selecting decor items that serve a purpose while also adding visual interest
Adding functional decor is a great way to make the most of your dresser while also keeping it stylish. Based on my personal experience, I recommend using trays or baskets to corral items like jewelry or small accessories. This not only helps keep things organized but also creates a cohesive look.
When selecting decor items that serve a purpose, it’s important to consider both their functionality and aesthetic appeal. For example, a decorative box can be used to store small items like keys or spare change, while also adding visual interest to the dresser.
How to decorate a dresser with a mirror?
One functional decor item that works well on a dresser is a mirror. Not only does it serve a practical purpose, but it can also add depth and interest to the space. When decorating a dresser with a mirror, consider using a statement piece that complements the dresser’s style and color. You can also accessorize around the mirror with items like small vases or candles to create a cohesive look.
How to style a dresser with a TV?
Another way to add functional decor to a dresser is by incorporating a TV. When styling a dresser with a TV, it’s important to choose a TV stand that complements the dresser’s style and color. You can also accessorize around the TV with decorative items like framed photos or potted plants to create a more visually appealing display.
Overall, adding functional decor to a dresser is a great way to make the most of your space while also keeping it stylish and organized. Whether you choose to use trays, mirrors, or other decorative items, selecting pieces that serve a purpose while also adding visual interest can help create a cohesive and inviting display.
Incorporate personal touches
- Add personal touches to the dresser, such as displaying sentimental items or incorporating favorite colors or patterns
- How to showcase personal items in a way that enhances the dresser’s overall decor
Incorporating personal touches is a crucial step in decorating a dresser. By adding sentimental items or incorporating favorite colors or patterns, you can infuse your own unique style and personality into the space.
I encourage readers to think about what items hold special meaning to them and how they can be incorporated into the dresser’s decor. For example, you might display a family heirloom or a piece of artwork that holds sentimental value. Or, you could incorporate your favorite color into the decor by adding a vase of fresh flowers or a decorative pillow in a complementary hue.
Or when showcasing personal items, it’s important to do so in a way that enhances the dresser’s overall decor. For example, you might create a gallery wall above the dresser that includes photos, artwork, and other personal items. Or, you could use a decorative tray to display a collection of items that hold special meaning, such as seashells or vintage postcards.
Incorporating personal touches is a great way to make your dresser feel like a reflection of your own unique style and personality. By taking the time to select items that hold special meaning to you and showcasing them in a way that enhances the overall decor, you can create a space that feels both stylish and deeply personal.
Play with height and texture
- Discuss the importance of varying height and texture when decorating the dresser
- Offer tips for how to incorporate items of different heights and textures to create a visually interesting display
When it comes to decorating a dresser, it’s important to play with height and texture in order to create a visually interesting display. Varying the height and texture of the items on the dresser can help to create depth and dimension in the space, adding visual interest and keeping the display from looking flat or boring.
One tip for incorporating items of different heights and textures is to use a variety of decorative objects, such as vases, picture frames, or decorative boxes. When selecting these items, choose pieces that have different heights, widths, and textures in order to create a more dynamic display.
If you’re working with a tall dresser, maybe you will concern how to decorate a tall dresser by yourself. It’s especially important to consider the height of the items you’re using to decorate. For example, you might use a tall vase or decorative branches to create height, and balance this out with smaller items like picture frames or decorative boxes.
Another way to play with height and texture is to use different materials, such as wood, metal, or glass. By incorporating items made from a variety of materials, you can create a more interesting and varied display.
Overall, playing with height and texture is a great way to create a visually interesting display on your dresser. Whether you’re working with a tall dresser or a smaller one, incorporating items of different heights and textures can help to create a more dynamic and engaging display that reflects your personal style.
How to style a dresser in front of window?
Styling a dresser in front of a window can present a unique decorating challenge, but with a few tips and tricks, you can create a beautiful and functional display. Here are some tips on how to style a dresser in front of a window:
- Use a low-profile dresser: If you’re working with a small or low window, consider using a low-profile dresser that won’t block the view or interfere with natural light.
- Keep it simple: When styling a dresser in front of a window, it’s best to keep the display simple and uncluttered. Choose a few key decorative items, such as a vase of flowers, a decorative tray, or a collection of books, and arrange them in a way that doesn’t block the view.
- Use lightweight and transparent items: To avoid blocking the natural light coming in through the window, opt for lightweight and transparent decorative items. For example, you might use a glass vase or a decorative tray made from clear acrylic.
- Consider the placement of the dresser: Think about the placement of the dresser in relation to the window. If the dresser is placed too close to the window, it may feel crowded and cluttered. Consider leaving a little bit of space between the dresser and the window to create a more open and airy feel.
- Add a mirror: If your dresser is placed in front of a large window, consider adding a mirror to the display. This can help to reflect the natural light and create the illusion of more space.
Top ideas for decorating dresser in each style
10 ideas for decorating a dresser in the bedroom, each tailored to a different style:
Boho: Decorate your dresser with woven baskets, macrame plant hangers, and framed prints of nature scenes or mandalas.
Minimalist: Keep your dresser decor simple with a few carefully curated items, such as a vase with fresh flowers, a scented candle, and a small tray for your jewelry.
Vintage: Style your dresser with antique perfume bottles, old books, and vintage photographs in ornate frames.
Glam: Create a luxurious feel with a mirrored tray, metallic picture frames, and a vase of fresh roses.
Coastal: Decorate your dresser with seashells, driftwood, and framed photographs of the beach or ocean.
Rustic: Add a touch of country charm with a wooden tray, mason jars filled with flowers, and vintage-style lanterns.
Modern: Keep your decor sleek and simple with a few geometric sculptures, a colorful vase, and a framed abstract print.
Feminine: Style your dresser with delicate porcelain figurines, framed flower prints, and a vintage-style perfume bottle.
Industrial: Add a touch of edginess with metal picture frames, wire baskets, and a vintage-style alarm clock.
Eclectic: Mix and match items from different styles, such as a colorful woven tapestry, a vintage globe, and a sleek modern lamp, to create a unique and personalized look.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but the possibilities are endless when it comes to decorating a dresser to match your personal style.
How much should you spend on a dresser?
The cost of a dresser can vary widely depending on factors such as the size, materials, and craftsmanship. While there is no set rule for how much you should spend on a dresser, a good range to consider is between $300 to $2,000.
At the lower end of this range, you can find affordable dressers that are functional and stylish, with a range of designs to choose from. These dressers may be made from less expensive materials, but they can still be a great option for those on a budget.
On the higher end of the range, you can find dressers that are crafted from high-quality materials and feature more intricate designs and details. These dressers may be more of an investment, but they can also be a statement piece that adds style and elegance to your bedroom.
How many dressers in a bedroom?
The number of dressers you need in a bedroom depends on your storage needs and the size of your room. In my personal experience, one dresser is usually sufficient for a smaller bedroom or for one person, while two dressers may be necessary for a larger bedroom or for two people sharing the space.
If you have a small bedroom, you may only have room for one dresser, and you may need to get creative with storage solutions to make the most of your space. However, if you have a larger bedroom with more space, you may be able to fit multiple dressers without feeling cramped.
When deciding how many dressers you need, it’s important to consider the other storage options in your bedroom as well. For example, you may have a closet or a wardrobe that provides additional storage for clothing and accessories. You may also have shelves or other furniture pieces that can be used for storage.
How to tell if a dresser is an antique?
Here are some tips on how to tell if a dresser is an antique
- Look for age signs: Check for signs of wear and tear, such as scratches, dents, and chips. If the dresser has been around for a while, it’s likely that it will have some imperfections. You can also look for signs of aging in the wood, such as cracks, warping, and discoloration.
- Check the construction: Antique dressers were typically constructed using traditional methods, such as dovetail joints, wooden pegs, and hand-carved details. Look for these types of construction details to help determine if the dresser is an antique.
- Research the manufacturer: If you know the manufacturer or the style of the dresser, you can research the piece to determine if it is an antique. Many manufacturers have specific styles or design elements that are associated with their pieces, which can help you identify an antique.
Once you have determined that the dresser is an antique, you can style it in a way that complements its vintage aesthetic. Here are some tips for styling an antique dresser:
- Keep it simple: Antique dressers often have intricate details and ornate designs, so it’s best to keep the styling simple. Choose a few statement pieces to display on the dresser, such as a vase, a candle, or a framed photo.
- Mix old and new: Antique dressers can be styled in a way that incorporates both vintage and modern elements. Mix old and new decor items to create a cohesive look that highlights the dresser’s vintage charm.
- Choose the right colors: The colors you choose to decorate the dresser with can help enhance its antique aesthetic. Stick with muted, earthy tones, such as browns, greens, and blues, to complement the natural beauty of the wood.
- Use it as a focal point: An antique dresser can be a beautiful focal point in a room. Position it in a prominent spot, such as against a wall or under a window, and style it with eye-catching decor items to draw attention to the piece.
Decorating a dresser is a fun and creative way to add personality and style to your bedroom or living space. With the right tips and ideas, you can transform a plain dresser into a beautiful and functional piece of furniture that complements your home’s decor. From choosing a theme to incorporating personal touches and playing with height and texture, there are many ways to create a dresser that is both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
By investing time and effort into thoughtful decoration, you can create a cohesive and inviting space that reflects your unique taste and personality. So, whether you’re a minimalist, vintage lover, or boho enthusiast, use these tips on how to decorate dresser to create a beautiful and functional piece that brings joy to your daily life.